Friday, July 15, 2011

Update from the sick

Wed 13 July Day 125
Slept well during the night thanks to the Aleve (painkillers). Didn't stop the crazy sweating but allowed more than an hours sleep at a time.

Sat and read magazines for most of the day. Then we popped down to Sandy Point for a swim. I had to use the stairs to get in (really dumb I couldn't dive in-just no energy). I also barely got under as keeping my arms and legs moving hurt too much. The water was lovely and I'm glad I at least got in.

Mary, Kyle and I played cards after dinner (Skipbo), which I hadn't played in years. Mary won most rounds but I managed the last one. Then I watched some tv before more Aleve and bed.

Thur 14 July Day 126
I still don't feel right but am off to the out-patient clinic for follow up CPK and liver function tests.
All went surprisingly quickly and I was given a number to call to get results within about an hour...yeah right!

We got back to Alton (about 1/2hr) and I gave the lab a call around 11.30am. They said they don't give results out over the phone - I had to come in with photo ID. Aye???!!! "Any other options?" I asked. The only person who could give them over the phone was the doctor who treated me - "oh, no problem, do you have his number?". Man, it was like pulling teeth. No initiative from the other end of the phone today.

I waited another couple of hours before I rang Dr Lovett (lucky we didn't hang around at the clinic as Mary would never have made it to Gorham to meet Earl Grey). He was really good as were the results, the CPK has come right back down to the low level of acceptable and liver function is just above normal (but has reduced).

But I still feel like crap (not as crap but still crap) - looks more like Lyme every day. Hope not!! But wont know until next week if I'm lucky.

We'll see what happens in next couple of days. I actually got my AT guide out today to figure out some options...

Will let you all know.

- posted by enzed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

one day at a time on the 5 million step programme

The Appalachian Trail runs 2167miles (3487.4kms) from Georgia to Maine. I am going to be northbound thru-hiking from March to September 2011.
More info can be found at http://www.appalachiantrailconservancy.com/