Hi everyone :)
The cold has snapped here again in England and I am very much looking forward to the consistent double digit temps of Atlanta (even in the 20s). There are 4 more sleeps in London - which is kind of a good thing as the concrete jungle has had it's day. While walking the miles I remembered that there is just SO much stuff and people, and cars, and buildings here...and things are so old (even Hamleys is celebrating 250yrs - that's older than NZ)! So time to move on.
Great thanks to Toni who has put me up at her flat - it has been great to have a bed to sleep in and a bathroom with running water (I am certain that these things will be luxury items in another week).
For those of you who would like to write or post something small by snail mail, I have changed my mind and will check some stops along the way.
PLEASE NOTE - Label the envelope as follows, and write the month using words, also please send within 2 weeks of eta as PO will only keep for a month:
"PLEASE HOLD FOR THRU-HIKER"
eta - 21 June (example)
Kerryn Barr
c/- General Delivery (for most except 3rd & 6th)
City
State & Zip Code
U.S.A
Here are the addresses I will be stopping at/checking during my hike:
1. Hot Springs, North Carolina 28743
eta - 25 March 2011
eg.
Please hold for thru-hiker
eta - 25 Mar '11
Kerryn Barr
c/- General Delivery
Hot Springs
North Carolina, 28743
USA
2. Damascus, Virginia 24236
eta - 8 April
3. Harpers Ferry, West Virginia (half-way ish point)
eta - 27 May
c/- Appalachian Trail Conservancy HQ
PO Box 807
Harpers Ferry
West Virginia 25425
USA
4. Fort Montgomery, New York 10922
eta - 20 June
5. Hanover, New Hampshire 03755
eta - 11 July
6. Millinocket, Maine (the end)
eta - from 22 Aug
c/- The Appalachian Trail Lodge & Cafe
33 Penobscot Avenue
Millinocket
Maine, 04462
USA
I look forward to hearing from you, even just leave a comment or two on here for moral support. I will post again next week and let you know how the final packing went.
kb :)
No comments:
Post a Comment