Auckland to York in 27 hrs! How amazing-two flights (which were no where as bad as I thought they'd be even being 90min late arriving at heathrow - but did miss catchg up w David):( plus catching a train (which of course had a mission of tube changes due to closures).
Have been staying w Sharon's mum and have seen the sights of York again. The squished in buildings are still funny to look at. Yesterday (Mon) we went to Whitby-home to Bram Stoker's Dracula. The town is perched on the seaside. Buildings packed together rising up hillsides-I'm surprised they are still standing. Had the most delicious fish and chips with mushy peas and butties here -Yum! The Magpie cafe was packed-100 ppl at least at 2pm when we left and there was a que at the door too.
We also drove through the North Yorkshire moors and to Goethland where some of the Harry Potter train scenes were filmed. Very picturesque old England lanes and bridges.
I think I have sorted out the jet lag-it wasn't bad but am still get tired at about 7.30pm though-hopefully this will pass by the weekends Waitangi Day celebrations!
Heading back to London for the rest of this week. Then onto Brockwood Park School for 3wks.
Hope all is well. Look forward to hearing from you.
- posted by kb :)
No comments:
Post a Comment