Thursday, December 30, 2010

First post

Welcome to my blog.  It's purpose is to keep those of you who are interested up to date with my day to day (or week to week) happenings on the 5million step adventure called the Appalachian Trail.

Firstly - a huge thank you to Colin at Trek 'n' Travel (see the pic and link on my sites) who has been most supportive in helping me achieve the goal of setting off on my adventure.  Please call in and visit his wonderful outdoor store to say hi, buy something or just see where I am.

If you want to know more about the AT check out the website listed at the top of my blog page - there is a map, info about the trail and numbers of hikers who start and complete the thru-hike.

There are currently 29 days until I leave NZ.  There will be a farewell of some sort on Wed 26 Jan 2011 - time and place tba. 
First stop is England (via LA) 24hrs and 40min later - for a 6 week stop-over.  AT hike start is planned for Mar 11 2011 (11/03/11).

I will keep you all updated via my Facebook site (KB's Appalachian Trail) or directly through this blog site (whichever is easiest for you to access).

The next test will be updating the Hillary Trail - a 4 day hike on the west coast in the Waitakares. 

I look forward to hearing from you - please feel free to comment here or on FB
kb :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

one day at a time on the 5 million step programme

The Appalachian Trail runs 2167miles (3487.4kms) from Georgia to Maine. I am going to be northbound thru-hiking from March to September 2011.
More info can be found at http://www.appalachiantrailconservancy.com/